Sometimes life can get the best of us! From gaining weight to feeling sluggish, you may be at a loss as to how you can get your body feeling better and back into shape. While going to the gym, hiking, and exercises classes is for some it really isn’t for all. Of course, there are many exercises and machines at the gym that help you to burn calories, but could there be a more interactive activity that suits your personality, body and allows you to be consistent? Yes, Of course!
Ballroom Dancing provides an easy fun great daily exercise , that will make getting fit a breeze.
That’s why we have gathered some of the top dance styles that help you burn calories. If you are curious to learn more, be sure to continue reading:
- Cha Cha. Are you ready for a great workout? The Cha Cha can have you burning around 400 calories per hour! That is quite a lot. When dancing the Cha Cha, you will be moving mainly your waist, hips, legs, and arms. With several steps involved, along with lateral and elongated movements, your entire body will be working away.
- Swing. If you are seeking a dance that will have you fast on your feet, Swing is certainly a great choice. Burning between 300 to 550 calories per hour, Swing provides a moderate to intense cardio workout, keeping you fast on your feet with lots of maneuvering.
- Samba. Burning around a whopping 500 calories per hour, Samba is upbeat and full of moves, keeping you entirely active. From arm, feet, glute, and hip movements, Samba will certainly provide your entire body with a great workout!
- Salsa. We are sure you have heard of Salsa before, as it is one of the most popular dances to take part in. If you choose to embark on the journey of Salsa, you can expect to burn about 400 calories per hour. Keeping you quick on your feet with spins and turns, your glutes and core will be getting quite the workout.
- Waltz. Looking to tone your muscles? Well the Waltz will do just that. It won’t burn as many calories as the other fast dances but it will create a beautiful posture, it will tone and give definition to all your muscles.
Which of these dances fits your exercise needs? Working out doesn’t have to seem like a chore! If it’s difficult to maintain a regular exercise regime, it might just mean it’s time to change what you are doing.
Through dance, you can take part in a fun activity and also burn calories. Here at Arthur Murray Dance Studio, Sherman Oaks, we would be honored to get you up and dancing today!
Be sure to contact us today and let us know what your exercise goal is!
If you’d like to read about other dance benefits keep reading here.