- My husband and I used the Van Nuys [Blvd] location to learn a first dance for our wedding. They're amazing dancers, teachers and people in general. They even helped us edit the music. We have expanded our package and are excited to continue forward with our dance lessons with Rebecca who looks like she could be Michelle Pfeiffer's daughter. She's amazing to work with very helpful and patient. It's worth every penny.Alesia B.
- We love love love our dance instructor Natalya!!! She is an incredible teacher and dancer! She is patient with us as we learn as well as encouraging us to constantly strive to do better. We've also had the chance to work with other instructors and all of them bring something unique to our lessons that enhances our experience. Now that we have been taking lessons for awhile, they begin to tag team instructors, which allows you to have other perspectives and styles...We've taken up a new hobby, met new friends, getting in better shape and are having a blast!! We highly recommend Arthur Murray Sherman Oaks!!!! If we could give them more stars we would!Mandy R.
- "From the moment I walked into the Arthur Murray dance studio I felt like I was in good hands. Coming from a dance background, I was looking for a technique specialized studio in international latin ballroom. I am from Austria therefore social dancing is basically mandatory as a teenager.I went to the world famous dancing schools Elmayer and Rueff where I graduated from all medal programs including diamond. Another highlight was the ballroom season every year in which I opened a lot of different balls as a debutante in a while dress. I haven't really been ballroom dancing since I moved to the US five years ago. I was scared that the studios here would disappoint me but it was completely the opposite I was excited how comfortable but still challenged I felt from the moment I started at Arthur Murray. Martin my fabulous dance instructor was able to get me to remember why ballroom dancing once was my greatest passion. He has an amazing sense and fine feeling of what each student wants to achieve. The studio has a very personal atmosphere, like a little family. The teachers are truly there for the clients and considerate of their wishes and goals. Furthermore, there are a lot of different payment plans so it is affordable to everyone. Your instructor and the always welcoming supervisor Tom will create a program tailored exactly to your needs. All I have to say is:'Why are you still reading, come on and dance.' "Eva D.
- My husband frequently travels for work and we didn't have any time to prepare for our first dance. I tried calling other dance studios in the area and Arthur Murray was the ONLY studio that actually answered the phone.I explained my situation and let them know we had only a week and a half to prepare. The receptionist told me about a special they were running on Amazon [no longer available on Amazon-visit Groupon instead] for two private lessons and two group classes.Although we didn't have time to attend the group classes, we made use of our two private lessons. It was worth every penny! Luckily, my (then) fiancé and I both love to dance and our instructor was able to choreograph a beautiful (and simple) first danceWe just got married on Saturday and our lessons paid off. We're incredibly grateful to our instructors at Arthur Murray for making us look like rock stars on the dance floor!Siera N.
- I came in for a free dance lesson with my boyfriend, and honestly wasn't expecting it to be so much fun. By the end of it, both of us were seriously considering signing up for regular lessons.Dani was our instructor, and she was everything I could have asked for as a newbie to this world. She walked us through a few different dances -- cha cha, waltz, etc. -- just to give us some basics and a flavor of what more in-depth lessons would be like. The atmosphere is welcoming and fun. Plus the schedule is so open and flexible.Angelica C.
- Our wedding planner directed us to Arthur Murray, and we called and set up an appointment. I talked to Tom on the phone and he was very nice and helpful. He was equally so in person when we went in later that week.Our first half-hour lesson was free...Sure enough we bought a package... Everyone we dealt with was friendly and professional, and the dance lessons were crucial to our wedding...Steph C.