Depression and anxiety plagues our society, as too many people struggle with this every single day. The battle of keeping the symptoms of these unfortunate diseases at bay can certainly wear on a person!
Do you struggle with anxiety or depression? If so, you will want to discover a way to assist you with coping with the negativity that these emotions can present.
Are you aware that dancing can help you cope with depression and anxiety? It’s true! That’s why, here at Arthur Murray Dance Studio, we have gathered the top five ways in which dancing can help you to obtain some positivity for your own life! To gain some great insight, be sure to continue reading:
- Get Moving. Exercise is said to elevate your levels of dopamine and endorphins. By elevating these levels, you are promoting your body to receive pleasure and rewards, as they are said to be euphoria-inducing. So, motivate yourself to get moving through dance with healthy exercising, so that you experience a release of the negative emotions that anxiety and depression causes.
- Confidence from Improvement. When you begin dancing, you are only going to advance as time goes on. Knowing that you are getting better at something will boost your confidence. In addition, setting goals for yourself is a great way to motivate yourself and present goals and targets to complete through dance. Hitting milestones and making accomplishments will have you feeling proud, just as you should!
- An Alternative Form of Meditation. Meditation is a popular way to center yourself and discover your inner “you”. Dancing can serve as your own form of meditation! Through dance, you will get in the “zone”, which is the primary focus of meditation. By focusing on dance steps, movements, and your presentation, you will discover your own “zone”, and a new focus, so that you push the negative thoughts that anxiety and depression present aside and replace it with positive energy!
- Socializing. This can seem scary at first, but it really is helpful! Know that other people around you suffer from anxiety and depression as well. But, through dance, you have the opportunity to gather with others, socialize with upbeat conversations, and take your mind off of the negative thoughts that may flood it. Everyone will welcome you with open arms at your dance classes, especially at Arthur Murray Dance Studio, as we love seeing new faces!
- Mood Boosting Music. Music is well-known for influencing a person’s mood. You can enjoy the great music that accompanies dance, and feel it lift your own spirits. As you listen to the music, you can let your body relax! Let the music overcome you as you glide across the dance floor, as it will put your mind and body at ease.
If you aren’t convinced that dancing is a great way to release yourself from the emotions of these ailments, contact us here at Arthur Murray Dance Studio and find out for yourself! As a dance studio in Sherman Oaks, California, we would be pleased to have you take part in our Los Angeles dance lessons.