Arthur Murray Method
- On your first visit, you’ll meet the teachers, check out the studio, do some basics of your preferred dances, see all the programs and pick which one fits your dance goals and schedule.
- The degree of dancing you will ultimately achieve varies depending on your desires, goals, commitment and interest. (In much the same way that belt levels do at a martial arts school)
- On the first program, you will be introduced to the Basics of several popular dances. This way, you can see which one’s you truly like, how you learn, and how you would like to proceed.
- The majority of students who come to an Arthur Murray Dance Studio, and who complete the first program, are interested in becoming good social dancers. Our Medalist Programs allow them to achieve that goal.
- The Medalist Programs are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Gold Bar
- Arthur Murray Dance Studios can train you in the latest techniques, steps and styles. In Fact, our organization boasts some of the top competitive couples in the world today and will make you stand out on any social dance floor.
- Our instructors are carefully selected and thoroughly trained in the exclusive Arthur Murray Teaching Method- this assures you the finest instruction in dancing.
- You will have a regular dance teacher who is responsible for your progress. Periodically, you will have exchange lessons with other teachers which gives you experience and practice in adapting to a variety of dance partners and styles.
- You will have a Buddy Teacher who shares the role of getting you to your goals.
- During a private lesson, you’ll receive personalized instruction toward achieving your chosen goals.
- Your instructor will spend the time necessary, on technique, styling and general dance improvement.
- An up-to-date record of everything you have learned is always kept.
- Added bonus from learning at Arthur Murray Sherman Oaks; download our free app and view your recorded lessons 24/7.
- Group Classes give you the opportunity to dance with a variety of partners, develop good habits and meet other students in the studio.
- The studio provides a schedule of when the Group Classes are held. Different level Group Classes are offered every night we are open.
- No appointment or reservation needed to attend Group Classes . Scheduling- show up as your schedule permits!
- Group Classes emphasize patterns, adjusting to partner, individual balance, technique, and style.
- Group Classes may introduce material that has not yet been covered by your instructor. This material can then be taken to a private lesson to be reviewed and polished.
- We hold three weekly scheduled Parties (Practice Sessions) for our student body.
- Have fun dancing with the instructors and students in a relaxed and comfortable environment.
- Practice Parties are the opportunity to practice and try out all the new dance skills you have learned on your Private and Group Classes.
- An Arthur Murray Medal Ball is a gala dance event honoring students who are graduating from one level of their dance program to the next.
- Medals Balls are also social opportunities to enjoy dancing in an elegant and fun setting with people who share the same passion for dancing.
- A Showcase is a one-day event during which students present choreography, social dancing combinations or team presentations.
- Personalized choreography makes an exciting addition to a students Medalist Program because it allows the development of showmanship and musical or theatrical expression alongside social dance skills.
- A Dance-o-Rama is an exciting two or three day event that brings students together from many Arthur Murray studios to compete within their level or showcase their learning.
- Many times Dance-o-Ramas are held at a destination location making the students participation a lot like a Dance Vacation.
- Dance-o-Ramas require specialized dance training to polish and perfect chorography, technique and style.
Reviews & Testimonials
Don’t just take our word. See what others have to say about us!
I often wished that I could dance. I was invited to wedding receptions and celebrations for years, but I rarely felt the confidence to dance in public. So about... read moreGary G.
TL;DR: Highly recommended! We're learning and having fun. It doesn't get better than that.
My fiance and I have had an outstanding experience taking private lessons with Sho. He keeps a... read moreLea Hughes
We were gifted a dance lesson package and had a blast!Lovely people. Great instructors. Had a real "family" vibe.If you are looking to study ballroom dancing and beyond,... read moreJoshua M.
My favorite place to be. The entire staff is so friendly and makes you feel right at home. The friendships that I have made and built with the other students... read moreAngelina C.
I walked into Arthur Murray Sherman Oaks in January 2019. I was desperate to get better. I had depression and anxiety from losing the love of my life to a... read moreTeresa M.
If you look for it, you may locate my post when I had just begun my dance lessons at Arthur Murray Sherman Oaks. I have now completed a few... read moreDoc G.
I've been in Arthur Murray Sherman Oaks dance studio for 12 years. Great place to be and enjoy dancing. Martin is the soul of the studio and all teachers... read moreMimi Santa Cruz
I always wanted to learn to dance, but I felt self conscious even starting lessons because I had only danced where the floor was too crowded to move much so... read moreGary Golden
Returned to dance after 3 years, and I chose the right studio to continue my journey. From the first phone call I felt welcomed and valued. The entire... read moreDonna Esposito
If you want to learn ballroom dance and have a good time this is the place for you. This includes all the shy/hermit people! Trust me that they will push... read moreMari Andrade
This is a great studio, with fantastic and totally dedicated instructors and coaches, excellent management by Tom, and an extremely conscientious great leadership of the franchise Martin. Thanks to my... read morealeve ates
I love this studio!!!! The moment you walk in the door you’re greeted with a genuine warmth and friendliness that make you feel at ease. Everyone is helpful from the... read moreRocio Ortiz