Get Your First Lesson for Free!
Discover the thrill of Ballroom Dancing! (No partner required) Become the dancer you always wanted to be…
New Student Offer
Arthur Murray Dance Studio- the best place to learn to dance for either ballroom, Latin, or Swing dance lessons.
Check out this month’s variety of dance activities at our studio. (See also upcoming events)
Gift Certificates for dance lessons for all occasions – Purchase online now. Get one today!
- Our wedding planner directed us to Arthur Murray, and we called and set up an appointment. I talked to Tom on the phone and he was very nice and helpful. He was equally so in person when we went in later that week.Our first half-hour lesson was free...Sure enough we bought a package... Everyone we dealt with was friendly and professional, and the dance lessons were crucial to our wedding...Steph C.
- I came in for a free dance lesson with my boyfriend, and honestly wasn't expecting it to be so much fun. By the end of it, both of us were seriously considering signing up for regular lessons.Dani was our instructor, and she was everything I could have asked for as a newbie to this world. She walked us through a few different dances -- cha cha, waltz, etc. -- just to give us some basics and a flavor of what more in-depth lessons would be like. The atmosphere is welcoming and fun. Plus the schedule is so open and flexible.Angelica C.
- My husband frequently travels for work and we didn't have any time to prepare for our first dance. I tried calling other dance studios in the area and Arthur Murray was the ONLY studio that actually answered the phone.I explained my situation and let them know we had only a week and a half to prepare. The receptionist told me about a special they were running on Amazon [no longer available on Amazon-visit Groupon instead] for two private lessons and two group classes.Although we didn't have time to attend the group classes, we made use of our two private lessons. It was worth every penny! Luckily, my (then) fiancé and I both love to dance and our instructor was able to choreograph a beautiful (and simple) first danceWe just got married on Saturday and our lessons paid off. We're incredibly grateful to our instructors at Arthur Murray for making us look like rock stars on the dance floor!Siera N.
- I originally bought a gift certificate for my fiance as a Christmas present back in December. She had been wanting to do ballroom dancing for so long, I thought it would be the perfect gift. Over the course of the 5 week gift certificate dancing, we knew that Arthur Murray was a special place. We grew very fond of our instructor and the management there. Needles to say, after our 5 weeks were over, my fiance and I signed up to take regular classes at the studio without any hesitation. We're addicted to dancing now, all thanks to Arthur Murray in Sherman Oaks. We even go home right after class and practice! It's so much fun. I never knew I could be this challenged and have so much fun doing something that wasn't a "sport."Ben C.
- "From the moment I walked into the Arthur Murray dance studio I felt like I was in good hands. Coming from a dance background, I was looking for a technique specialized studio in international latin ballroom. I am from Austria therefore social dancing is basically mandatory as a teenager.I went to the world famous dancing schools Elmayer and Rueff where I graduated from all medal programs including diamond. Another highlight was the ballroom season every year in which I opened a lot of different balls as a debutante in a while dress. I haven't really been ballroom dancing since I moved to the US five years ago. I was scared that the studios here would disappoint me but it was completely the opposite I was excited how comfortable but still challenged I felt from the moment I started at Arthur Murray. Martin my fabulous dance instructor was able to get me to remember why ballroom dancing once was my greatest passion. He has an amazing sense and fine feeling of what each student wants to achieve. The studio has a very personal atmosphere, like a little family. The teachers are truly there for the clients and considerate of their wishes and goals. Furthermore, there are a lot of different payment plans so it is affordable to everyone. Your instructor and the always welcoming supervisor Tom will create a program tailored exactly to your needs. All I have to say is:'Why are you still reading, come on and dance.' "Eva D.
- We love love love our dance instructor Natalya!!! She is an incredible teacher and dancer! She is patient with us as we learn as well as encouraging us to constantly strive to do better. We've also had the chance to work with other instructors and all of them bring something unique to our lessons that enhances our experience. Now that we have been taking lessons for awhile, they begin to tag team instructors, which allows you to have other perspectives and styles...We've taken up a new hobby, met new friends, getting in better shape and are having a blast!! We highly recommend Arthur Murray Sherman Oaks!!!! If we could give them more stars we would!Mandy R.
- Great place to brush up on the latest dance moves. Had a great time with my daughter getting ready for our Wedding dance.Wally L.
- We were most skeptical about the practice parties (why should we have to pay for the practice parties?) but they have actually been the best way to learn. You're taught the skills in the group and private lessons and then you actually apply them in the parties. Plus most, if not all, of the instructors are there to help with your moves.Everyone that works there is super nice and helpful. When our lessons run out, I think there's a good chance that we will renew.Amy B.
- My husband and I used the Van Nuys [Blvd] location to learn a first dance for our wedding. They're amazing dancers, teachers and people in general. They even helped us edit the music. We have expanded our package and are excited to continue forward with our dance lessons with Rebecca who looks like she could be Michelle Pfeiffer's daughter. She's amazing to work with very helpful and patient. It's worth every penny.Alesia B.
- I have been coming for 3 and 1/2 years now and I can honestly say it is the most fun I've had in a very long time. When I first came, I wasn't sure how far I could go since I had had two knee replacements; but with much help and encouragement from my instructors my progress has amazed me. Besides the improvement in dance, I've lost weight, and greatly improved my balance. Although I don't feel like it, I guess I could be classified as a "Senior Citizen" so I recommend it for any age. You will also find both the staff and students very friendly and welcoming. Don't be afraid, try a free lesson and you'll be hooked just like me.Barnie B.
- We could really have used some skills for our upcoming wedding, and this location delivered. The teachers were incredibly friendly, outgoing, and eager to teach. They clearly absolutely love their jobs and it shows. Arthur Murray has a clear system that takes people step-by-step through what they need to learn to become proficient, and it even works for someone like me that has three left feet and is incredibly self-conscious. These guys are pros, and they're good at what they do.The deal offered two privates, a group, and a "practice party". I thought the "party" was dumb but with so many instructors so eager to help, it was actually pretty awesome. The instructors rotate around with different students so you get a ton of input from different people, new ideas, and new ways of thinking about things. Plus, it's low key and fun. It was really beneficial.I would definitely repeat if I wanted to get better at this.Sean A.