Wedding Dance Lessons
For the First Dance and a Lifetime of Romance
All eyes are on you as you take the floor… spinning and swaying in perfect harmony. This is a once in a lifetime moment. Your first dance as husband and wife.
- "We could really have used some skills for our upcoming wedding, and this location delivered. The teachers were incredibly friendly, outgoing, and eager to teach. They clearly absolutely love their jobs and it shows. Arthur Murray has a clear system that takes people step-by-step through what they need to learn to become proficient, and it even works for someone like me that has three left feet and is incredibly self-conscious. These guys are pros, and they're good at what they do. ... I thought the "party" was dumb but with so many instructors so eager to help, it was actually pretty awesome. The instructors rotate around with different students so you get a ton of input from different people, new ideas, and new ways of thinking about things. Plus, it's low key and fun. It was really beneficial..."Sean A.
- "My husband frequently travels for work and we didn't have any time to prepare for our first dance. I tried calling other dance studios in the area and Arthur Murray was the ONLY studio that actually answered the phone. I explained my situation and let them know we had only a week and a half to prepare...It was worth every penny! Luckily, my (then) fiancé and I both love to dance and our instructor was able to choreograph a beautiful (and simple) first dance. We just got married on Saturday and our lessons paid off. We're incredibly grateful to our instructors at Arthur Murray for making us look like rock stars on the dance floor!"Siera N.
- "Our wedding planner directed us to Arthur Murray, and we called and set up an appointment. I talked to Tom on the phone and he was very nice and helpful. He was equally so in person when we went in later that week. Our first half-hour lesson was free...Sure enough we bought a package... Everyone we dealt with was friendly and professional, and the dance lessons were crucial to our wedding..."Steph C.
- Great place to brush up on the latest dance moves. Had a great time with my daughter getting ready for our Wedding dance.Wally L.
- "...Over the course of the 5 week gift certificate dancing, we knew that Arthur Murray was a special place. We grew very fond of our instructor and the management there. Needles to say, after our 5 weeks were over, my fiance and I signed up to take regular classes at the studio without any hesitation. We're addicted to dancing now, all thanks to Arthur Murray in Sherman Oaks. We even go home right after class and practice! It's so much fun. I never knew I could be this challenged and have so much fun doing something that wasn't a 'sport'."Ben C.
- "My husband and I used the Van Nuys Blvd location to learn a first dance for our wedding. They're amazing dancers, teachers and people in general. They even helped us edit the music. We have expanded our package and are excited to continue forward with our dance lessons with Rebecca who looks like she could be Michelle Pfeiffer's daughter. She's amazing to work with very helpful and patient. It's worth every penny."Alesia B.
First Dance Wedding Tips
Let the professionals at Arthur Murray Sherman oaks help you create the dance you envision. In our 105 years of experience, we’ve taught everything from a romantic Rumba to a traditional Waltz to a spicy Salsa. We have many programs to help from a freestyle first dance to an elaborate choreography, The possibilities are truly endless. To look and feel comfortable your first dance will need repetition. Today is the day to start, what are you waiting for? Call us for your first complimentary lesson and tell us about your dream dance.
Things to Know for Your First Dance:
- What kind of music will you have at your wedding?
- Do you have a band or DJ?
- Will they play your first song?
- What is the size of the dance floor?
- Will you have a mother-son, father-daughter, or any bridal party dances?
- Does your dress or veil have any limitations? (Don’t worry we won’t tell the groom!)
- A comfortable first dance takes repetition, Now is the time to start. What are you waiting for?
Continue by reading our Dance Programs!